lundi, juillet 02, 2007

Romantic Conversations - Part 3*

We've decided to take the plunge.

No, not marriage.

Not kids either.

Something even scarier.

We have decided to brave the Paris real estate market and buy an apartment together.

I have no idea how to actually go about this, and only a vague idea of how much pasta we will have to eat in order to afford a two bedroom, but am nonetheless excited about owning a (very) small little piece of Paris.

Since we haven't done the first thing about actually starting the process, though, I sometimes forget we actually made that decision.

As evidenced by this little exchange the other night in bed.


Me: "So are you working nights next week?"

Him: "Mmm hmmm."

Me: "Oh, ok. I suppose I should get used to it."

Him: "Mnhnm??"

Me: "I mean, with your new job starting in July, you'll be working nights and I won't get to see you that much."

He hooked his arm over me to pull me tighter next to him and replied,

"Of course you'll see me! Especially if we live together, you dumbass."

A month in the US has done wonders for his vocabulary.


* Parts 1 and 2 can be found here.

Aucun commentaire: