mardi, août 16, 2005

Antwerpen is Uitstekend!



Okay, I had to look that up, but it means "Antwerp is excellent." I don't speak Flemish/Dutch to save my life, but I had fun imitating the sounds and making up fake Dutch sounding words with lots of "j"s in them.

I just got back from this very cool, very pretty, very funky city only three and half hours away from Paris. And I took some pretty good photos, too, at least for me.

Let me start you off with this one.




Ronald says,

"Wilkommen in Antwerpen!"

And as a nice little segue, Belgium is famous for its golden delicious:



FRIES!!!

And now that you've had a snack, you wander over to the flower market, where you can buy, for the low, low price of 2 euros:


GARDEN GNOMES!!

But, wait!


That's not all.

Antwerp is very hip, young, creative and fun. There are many art galleries where, should you so desire, you can buy sculptures with multiple noses.

And that, boys and girls, is your virtual tour of Antwerp for today. More photos and many more stories to come.

Stay tuned!

Aucun commentaire: